- 1 pound salmon filets or steaks ¾ – 1 inch thick (wild caught preferred)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root or 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion (scallion preferred) thinly sliced
- Rinse fish with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In zip-lock bag, combine soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Add salmon, seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare Kamado for baking (set to 275°-350°F). Use Vision Grills lava stone (or pizza stone) on top of cooking grate.
- Add 2-3 mesquite or hickory wood chunks or 2 handfuls of chips over the charcoal for smoking, close lid until ready to add fish.
- Place fish on oiled lava or pizza stone skin side down. Grill salmon about 7-10 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Carefully remove salmon to serving platter and garnish with green onions.