- 8 lb. brisket
- Dry rub ingredients:
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons chilli powder
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon cayene pepper
- 2 Tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 Teaspoon minced dried onion
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper
- Mop ingredients:
- 1 Can beer
- 1 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2-3 Cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large foil drip pans
- 1-2 large pieces of wood of your choice for smoking the brisket (oak is often a favorite. Aim for 3 inch diameter, 4 inch long pieces if possible)
- Heavy aluminum foil
Mix ingredients for dry rub together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
Remove brisket from refrigerator. Rub with yellow mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Coat with dry rub. Let brisket sit and come to room temperature with the rub applied.
While the brisket sits, mix your mop ingredients in a large foil drip pan and set aside.
Start your Vision Grill and bring it to 225-250 degrees. Throw in a chunk or two of wood of your choice for smoke and place brisket on grill. Place a foil drip pan under brisket to catch drippings from mop.
After the brisket has cooked for an hour, apply a mop every 45 minutes to an hour until the brisket has reached an internal temperature of 190 degrees. Remove from grill and double wrap in heavy aluminum foil. Wrap foil covered brisket in a towel, place in a cooler, and let rest for 1 – 1 1/2 hours. Serve and enjoy!